Friday, February 20, 2015

For Your Safety- Install An Organized Electrical Wire Layout

Many fires and accidents are caused by faulty  electric wiring layouts. Older homes specifically are susceptible to these hazards. So be sure to Understand how electricity works; recognize the potential electrical hazards; learn about safety devices that prevent shock; and hire someone that will check up the status of your residential electrical system. You can call a local service company for electrical repairs, electrical maintenance for your home, or
install electrical outlets to your home.
An organized electrical wiring layout prevents any cause of damage to you and your home. You may get "shocked" when you've read my introduction, but yes, a wrongly installed electrical outlet can shock you. And yes, a wrongly installed electrical outlet can burn your house down.
There have been many accidents about fire and shocks caused by electricity. Sadly, the numbers don't lie. So, if you think you're safe and will never be caught on a fire, think again.
According to the US Fire Administration and the National Fire Protection Agency, five American homes are on fire somewhere as you are reading this article. And according to the Department of Consumer and Employment Protection', for the year 2006 to 2007 (present), there are 929 electric shocks, 22 serious electrical accidents, and 5 fatalities that occurred and have been reported.
An electric shock is defined as an incident where no injuries are sustained, but precautionary medical treatment is sought. A serious electrical accident is defined as an incident in which a person requires assessment or treatment at a medical facility. The higher the amperes get into your body the fatal it can get. Low currents that can get into your body may cause you mild sensations, medium currents can cause you muscle paralysis or burn your skin to a certain degree, and large currents can stop your breathing.
To prevent hazards caused by faulty
electric wiring layout like electrical shocks, fire, and other electrical accidents. Be sure to follow some of these basic tips:
o Keep appliances away from known endangerments like electricity from water. Another device that is commonly used to prevent shocks n the home is a ground fault circuit interpreter (GFCI). These are mostly installed in wall-mounted receptacles where electricity and water are most likely to come in contact (i.e bathrooms, laundry rooms, outdoors). GFCIs monitor electric current and can switch a circuit off before injury occurs. Most electrical dryers are come equipped with GFCIs on its plugs;
o Follow manufacturer's appliance information on product usage and its maintenance;
o Be particularly careful with older appliances and extension cords. Even new appliances can be the source of a home fire;
o Appliances should be unplugged when not in use;
o Always use correctly rated fuses in all electrical appliances;
o Never run electrical cables under carpets;
o As much as possible, never run three or more appliances in one plug or socket;
o Do not buy substandard electrical appliances or electrical supplies; and
o Always check up on your indoor electric wirings and plugs and then
extend electric circuit outdoor plugs too.
o Three-prong plugs -- electrical outlets in modern homes may have three-wire receptacles. The third prong provides a path to ground along which the electric current travels. As a tip: Never clip the third prong off a plug to make it fit a two-hole outlet.


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/840384

No comments:

Post a Comment